Media & Event Sales Managers/Executives
Full Time | Permanent | Chester | Salary DOE
We publish a range of print and digital media across international markets, along with a range of events on multiple continents. We are looking for sales managers and executives to sell exhibition space, sponsorships and print/digital media solutions to a mix of new, lapsed and existing clients.
These new roles have been created to help service our rapid expansion. Sales will be achieved via a mix of face-to-face and telephone sales, mainly in the UK but also with some overseas travel. The roles are projected to be 75% office based, 25% external sales. You will be expected to attend international exhibitions and other industry and networking events.
You must have a tenacious, can do approach and a proven track record of exceeding targets. The ability to quickly build rapport with potential and existing clients is vital. The successful candidates will immerse themselves in their sector and act as ambassadors for the brands by promoting the products nationally and internationally, while always holding themselves to the highest standards personally and professionally.
- Drive sales revenue and meet all sales targets and deadlines.
- Actively promote and sell opportunities to new and existing clients.
- Maintain high levels of outbound prospecting and contacts.
- Develop new business through effective and planned prospecting.
- Manage, renew and develop existing client revenue where applicable.
- Devise promotional strategies aimed at increasing revenue.
- Effectively analyse and identify client needs and growth opportunities.
- Prepare strategic and comprehensive, need-based, campaign proposals for clients.
- Manage and oversee contractual process including liaison with credit control.
- Schedule face to face meetings with prospects when necessary.
- Ensure that the client/prospect database is constantly updated and accurate.
- Gather pertinent detailed market information and feed to content team.
- Monitor competitor media and events.
- Ensure forecast revenues and sales figure reporting is accurate and up-to-date and ensure progress is communicated to all event stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Maintain close contact with clients delivering excellent customer service.
- Input into the marketing of your product, particularly in terms of client acquisition marketing.
- Attend key industry exhibitions and trade shows for sales prospecting and relationship development.
- To liaise with other departments including content, production, marketing, and operations to ensure the smooth running of the magazine, website or event.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the company.
- Consistently exceed client and company expectations.
The Successful Candidate:
Ambitious, Highly Motivated, Driven, Self Starter, Excellent Communication Skills.
- Customer focused individual with a minimum of two years B2B media/advertising/event sales experience.
- Team player with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Understanding of the print and online advertising or show sales marketplace.
- Passionate about sales and a belief in the value of advertising/exhibiting.
- Experience in consultative selling and objection handling.
- Tenacity and a determination to close the sale.
- Documented history of professional and academic over-achievement.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to measurably impact results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications/presentation/reporting skills.
- IT skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Web Research, Database Packages.
- Impeccable organisation across multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure.
- Possess strong research and analytical skill.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Second language would be an advantage.
To apply contact Carol Hardy or call 01244 680222.
About Rapid News Communications Group
We are more than an event or media company.
We are catalysts for business.
We connect our audience with the cutting edge technology solutions our clients offer.
We help them compete in the global marketplace.
We evolve, adapt, iterate and improve everything, every day.
We work hard and smart.
We believe in possibility.
We don’t hire talent. We hire passion with talent.
We create a good place to work and support good causes.
Rapid News Communications Group is an international B2B publisher and event organiser. The group is comprised of Rapid News Publications Ltd, Rapid Life Sciences Ltd, Rapid Plastics Media Ltd, Sales Initiative Ltd, Interplas Events Ltd & Euro Publishing Consultancy Ltd.
Rapid News Communications Group companies are members of the AEO (Association of Event Organisers) and BPA Worldwide.