Dialectyx Solutions has launched the Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme, developed in close collaboration with Sony Pictures Television and the BBC.
The move combines the worlds of academia and entertainment in an innovative new product, which aims to be a high calibre and interactive online learning course designed to help anyone keen to improve their business acumen and entrepreneurial skillset.
Inspired by research and teaching from the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Cambridge, Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme is now available at a launch price of £299 from www.dragonsdeneducation.com. Offering more than 15 hours of high quality, accelerated learning, the programme can be accessed at a time and location that suits the needs of the modern entrepreneur.
The programme uses entertaining clips and case studies from the hit TV show to help users develop their decision-making skills. In addition to a comprehensive e-learning suite, the programme places learners in the ‘hot seat’ of a Dragon, where they must decide how to invest £100k across a number of business opportunities with the aim of making their first million.
Nigel Culkin, professor of enterprise and entrepreneurial development, University of Hertfordshire said: “I am fully supportive of this revolutionary new approach to experiential learning. As one of the leading business-facing Universities in the UK, we're keen to embrace new technologies that make learning and self-development both engaging and useful to the individual. To date, more than 15,000 people have experienced this unique role-playing simulation, which I would sum up as increasing a person's self-confidence in taking decisions that once seemed beyond them.”
How it works
A mix of traditional teaching techniques with role-playing simulations, Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme delivers an accelerated learning course that is accessible, stimulating and practical.
- A variety of high-impact game-based scenarios teach and practise the essentials of finance, strategy and marketing through the method of ‘theory, practice and feedback’.
- The “case conclusion” of each business case is revealed at the end so that users can understand the consequences of their decisions and take that learning into the next challenge.
- Based on the user’s performance on each task, skills and knowledge meters provide instant feedback throughout the process and highlight areas for improvement.
- To enhance the competitive role-playing elements of the programme, a user’s skills profile can also be compared to that of other professional learners. As each user progresses their position is ranked on general leaderboards and against their peers. At the end of the programme users are provided with a:
- ‘ 9 Skills for Success ‘ Personal Profile and Development Plan and a
- Business Success Toolkit, which users can then apply to their own business or career.
“Whether you’re an entrepreneur, job seeker, start-up or corporate executive, the Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme offers the support and flexibility to acquire key business skills that will take your career or business to the next level,” says Steve Arnold, CEO of Dialectyx. “At a time of great uncertainty in both the job market and the wider economy, self-improvement is critical to secure a strong financial future. This product gives you more than a fighting chance.”