In the words of most salespeople, cold calling sux! Most salespeople have done it at some time within their career, and it only sucked because their ratios sucked.
Cold calling does not need to be an arduous process. Generating a commission sale out of someone you have never spoken to before gives you a fantastic buzz. Yes, its not for the faint hearted, you will get a lot of rejection, having no expectations as to the outcome of each call is integral…
Here as some tips to make sure you get the most out of your cold calling experience.
1. Be In a good mood - otherwise forget it!
2. Bring energy to the call
3. Tonality is so important
4. Have no expectations of each and every call
5. Always be honest and courteous
6. Prepare some great open questions
7. Listen and don’t interrupt
8. Know that you will never win them all!
9. Use LinkedIn for research
10. Make the first 10 seconds count!
Are there any tips I have left off that you think should make this top ten?
By Daniel Ireland, Managing Director, Our Sales Experience - an end to end sales & service company that helps small and medium sized businesses engage better with their customers at varying touch points.