SALES INDUSTRY RELEASES ‘TOP SALES TIPS’ GUIDE
Today, the National Sales Awards in partnership with Huthwaite International launches their ‘Top Sales Tips’ guide, which has been compiled from the results of a nationwide competition which invited sales professionals to share selling advice in 140 characters (the length of a Tweet), for the chance to win £1,000.
Supported and judged by Lawrence Dallaglio, the competition winner has today been announced as Jason Hart, Sales Executive, Saga. Lawrence Dallaglio, former England rugby Captain and Sales Director for contact centre services in Serco’s new UK & Europe Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) business said: “It’s fantastic to see so many people get behind something that’s driving awareness and interest in the industry. The guide offers real insight into how sales people can perform better and it’s interesting to see a lot of people emphasising the importance of listening and building relationships – something I consider key to doing well in sales.”
TOP SALES TIPS GUIDE
- Always learn about your customers hobbies. That way one can always start a conversation with some friendly banter and build a dialogue.
- Utilise the public domain and gain insight and understanding of your key stakeholders in more depth, around business & personal.
- It's important to be enthusiastic, listen, understand the customer’s needs and wants and to build a relationship with that customer.
(Winning tip – Jason Hart)
- Under Promise, Over Deliver. Ensure you keep your customers happy by exceeding their expectations.
- Be passionate, know your goals and help your client achieve theirs. Don't be afraid to walk away if a win win situation can't be reached.
- Listen- 2 ears, 1 mouth; use that ratio. Trust- get it, keep it; deliver promises. Respect- everyone.
- Sales is all about 80% listening to the customer’s needs and wants and 20% talking.
- The best salesmen never sound like they are selling. They sound like they've listened to your problem and might have a solution.
- Be tenacious! The next sale is the only one a person ever has to make.
- Remember to smile while you dial. People buy people first. You are the company you are representing.
Jason Hart said: “It’s great to see something like the guide published to share ideas and best practice within the industry. I’m really excited to have won the competition, especially as it’s been judged by Lawrence Dallaglio!” Saga offer an array of products and
services exclusively for the over 50s, with Jason focusing on selling home and pet insurance.
The guide launches as the National Sales Awards also invites sales teams and professionals throughout the UK to enter the 2012 awards. Entering its 16th year, the National Sales Awards is the most prestigious accolade for the sales industry in the UK. An agenda setting programme, they reward individuals and teams who are demonstrating best practice and outstanding achievement in all aspects of sales.
The awards close for entry on 16th July and finalists will be announced in August. Winners will be honoured at the National Sales Awards gala dinner and awards ceremony in London at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Tuesday 6th November 2012.
To enter, nominate or to find out more information about this year’s Awards programme and entry criteria visit www.nationalsalesawards.com or call 020 7955 3752.