Cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM) specialist Host Analytics has announced the launch of sales planning for finance and sales leaders that attempts to align and collaborate.
The new application also gives sales professionals tools they need to more efficiently and accurately deal with sales forecasting, commission planning and more. The new application seamlessly integrates with Salesforce.com, the market-leading CRM platform.
Host Analytics claims this is helping sales teams transition from cumbersome spread-sheets to a modern, automated system that streamlines critical processes such as sales forecasting and trend reporting to territory, quota, and commission planning. The new application ensures that regular updates to the sales forecast are incorporated in finance and accounting processes so that organisations can make mid-quarter adjustments to the business, stay agile, and achieve predictability in their revenue and spending.
Finance professionals can use sales planning to manage:
- Corporate planning – Closes the loop between finance and sales by tying the sales plan to the corporate plan in one seamless system.
- Executive reporting – Automates the creation of weekly sales forecast reports in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and makes updates with a push of a button.
- Early warning – Alerts executives and updates corporate level “what-if” models to aid in faster responses to changing business conditions.
- Predicable revenue – Analyse how sales orders will actually convert into revenue with built-in financial intelligence.
The application claims to meet a critical need by helping sales managers more effectively manage:
- Sales Forecasting – Automatic weekly snapshots and updates to sales stages with flow-through, discount modelling, and waterline forecasting.
- Quota and Commission Planning – Top-down, bottom-up, or middle-out modelling capabilities that can analyse sales performance by individual and team, with overlay analysis, as well as comprehensive modelling of spot-bonuses and other compensation exceptions.
- Trend Reporting – Powerful week-by-week comparisons and waterfall reports allow analysis across representatives, managers, sales stages, forecast categories and more.
- Territory Planning – Integrated analysis of sales and marketing information including leads, opportunities, pipeline, and territory modelling and support for multiple direct and indirect channels
- Salesforce.com Integration – Deep, seamless financial analytics for Salesforce.com users.
“In today’s business environment, it is absolutely critical that sales and finance departments partner and effectively communicate to achieve revenue predictability,” said Lance Walter, CMO at Host Analytics. “Host Analytics Sales Planning gives business leaders the ability to align and stay agile and synchronised in a very dynamic selling environment.”